Why Play Touch
Touch Football is a thrilling sport that allows people from all walks of life to achieve their goals; whether that is the thrill of challenging oneself to compete at their best, the thrill of a fast, skilful and exhilarating sport, the thrill of meeting new people or the thrill of being a part of something that can span a lifetime.
4 reasons why Touch Football is the very best team sport there is:
1. Anyone can play. The evidence: there are five-year-olds, mums, dads and grannies all in the one team. It doesn’t matter what your age, experience, ability or fitness level is, it’s an accessible, inclusive game. And it comes without the pain factor of tackle sports.
2. Touch Football is played year-round. It’s largely considered the summer sport played in rugby league’s off-season, but it is also a winter game. You can register a whole team or enquire about joining an existing team as an individual player.
3. You can play in mixed gender teams. This means lifelong friendships and even romances can strike on the field (without having to swipe right). One example? Dylan Hennessey, regarded as the best Touch player in the world, and his wife Emily Hennessey both play for Australia. Love.
4. It fits with your life. A game of Touch Footy is over in just 45 minutes – that’s two 20-minute halves with a five-minute break for halftime. And there are no training expectations. Arrive, play, head home… or to the pub with your new mates.
Courtesy – Women’s Health magazine April 2018 issue
10 reasons why playing Touch Football at Manly Touch is one of the best decisions you’ll make:
1. It’s fun, social and you will love it!
2. We are an affiliated competition with Touch Football Australia (TFA) and NSW Touch Association (NSWTA) and have been around for more than 40 years.
3. We are a Not-For-Profit Association run by our members for our members, that’s you! Every cent we make goes back into the game.
4. Through Touch Football Australia, we have a superior insurance scheme which is not offered to unaffiliated competitions such as those run privately by individuals.
5. We are one of the most successful Affiliates in New South Wales. Manly Touch is the only club since the inception of touch football to hold both the NSWTA Junior State Cup and NSWTA Senior State Cup Club Champions trophies. In recent years this has been achieved on a number of occasions.
6. Our competitions cater for all levels from the touch football novice through to the more experienced representative levels. Whatever your ability, we have a division suited to your team.
7. We offer pathways in representative touch tournaments.
8. We have registered, graded and trained referees.
9. We have Coaches and Selectors who administer our Representative teams. These are people with enormous experience and training, some are current and former NSW and Australian Representatives.
10. Last but not least, all of our local comp games are played every week at the same local venue, Nolan Reserve. There is NO traipsing all over Sydney to play other teams.
For more information regarding any of our junior or senior competitions please contact our Admin Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO PLAY TOUCH
Want to learn more about Touch Football and need more generic information on the sport?
Check out the information below:
- Touch Football Basics
- How To Play Touch Football
- Touch Football Rules
- Representative Touch Football Pathways
If you would like to play at Manly Touch please contact our Admin Manager at email@example.com.
If you are in a team and are looking to register then following the steps here to complete the player registration process.
INCLUSION & DIVERSITY
Inclusion and Diversity is critical to the development of touch football and Manly Touch is committed to the ongoing evolution of a strong and unified sport.
Manly Touch takes pride in promoting the opportunities available for all participants, regardless of age, gender, ability, culture or social background. Touch football delivers modified games and events for specific abilities ensuring a positive experience to all participants.
Manly Touch is committed to providing opportunities for everyone to be involved in the sport through choosing to play for enjoyment, health and fitness goals, elite level aspirations, coaching or volunteering.
This inclusive nature ensures a safe and positive environment for everyone who wants to be a part of touch football.
Manly Touch enters an inclusion side into the NSWTA Vawdon Cup. For more information on this please go to the Reps menu.
If you are looking to be involved in touch football or would like to know when our next event is held, contact our Admin Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is Active Kids?
The NSW Government’s Active Kids Program has now been fully rolled out. Parents, guardians and carers can now apply for 2 x $100 vouchers (the first from 1 January and the second from 1 July, both expire 31st December) for each student enrolled in school.
The vouchers may be used with a registered activity provider for registration, participation and membership cost for sport, fitness and active recreation activities.
The first voucher can be used at any time during the calendar year it was issued before 31 December, the second voucher can be used any time from 1 July to 31 December in the calendar year it was issued. The vouchers can only be used once and remaining money cannot be redeemed again. Vouchers cannot be combined to pay for a single activity in the same term/season.
As Manly Touch have team-based fees, unfortunately, these vouchers cannot be used for social Touch Football registration fees. However, Manly Touch does charge an individual player levy for representative teams, therefore parents and guardians are able to use one $100 Active Kids Voucher for Junior State Cup, Senior State Cup or Vawdon Cup.
Create an account or login to: https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/
1. Select ‘Active Kids’ from the Services tab
2. Select ‘Apply for voucher’
3. Complete ‘Parent,Guardian or Carer details’ screen
4. Complete ‘Student identity verification’ screens
5. You will then be issued with an Active Kids Voucher
6. Once you have your voucher please complete the following online form so Manly Touch can apply the $100 rebate to your child’s levies: https://forms.gle/jUMDzfTZqvPPHfzSA
7. Please inform your Team Manager that you are using your Active Kids Voucher to the value of $100 for your child’s representative levies, and pay the outstanding amount to your Team Manager. You will need to provide your Team Manager with the Voucher Number
8. Please email a copy of your voucher to: email@example.com
There is a video of the above steps here: https://youtu.be/fyBGFXeNk4E
NOTE: Parents, you cannot split your voucher. For example you cannot use $50 for Netball and then the remaining $50 with Touch Football. You must use your entire $100 with the one sport.
For more information regarding the Active Kids Program at Manly Touch please contact our Admin Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Senior competitions are run in Winter (April through August) and Summer (September through March) each year with a mix of Men’s, Women’s, Mixed and Opens grades available across Monday & Thursday nights plus Sunday mornings.
For full details and also how to register a team into our Senior competitions, please visit our Senior Competitions page – https://www.manlytouch.com/senior-competition/
Our Junior competition is run in Summer (September through December) each year with a mix of age groups across Boys and Girls from U7s through U17s played on Thursday and Friday afternoons/evenings.
For full details and also how to register a team into our Junior competition, please visit our Junior Competition page – https://www.manlytouch.com/junior-competition/
If you are playing in a Manly Touch competition and have been asked to register into your team you can follow our step-by-step guide below.
For player registrations, Manly Touch uses the NRL MySideline system. To register into a team you will need to have an NRL Account. You can create an NRL account during the player registration process.
PLAYER REGISTRATION STEPS:
Go to https://profile.mysideline.com.au/register/ and select the PLAYER option from the list:
Type in your team’s name and select the magnifying glass icon to search. Your team should appear beneath the search box:
Select the arrow next to your team’s name and the details of the team contact and competition will display. Select the REGISTER link at the bottom:
Select the CONTINUE REGISTRATION link to complete the player registration process, if you have an NRL Account you will be able to select this from the next screen, if not you will be able to create one and then complete the player registration link.