This year Manly Touch broke all records in registrations for our Junior Summer Competition. We were overwhelmed with the number of teams registering with most age groups being oversubscribed within minutes of registrations opening.
Unfortunately, we were left with a situation where more than 1,000 children were not able to find a spot in our competition. Over the last week our committee has worked on a plan to get those teams who missed out on a spot into their respective divisions.
As a result, we would like to advise everyone that we have some good news regarding the upcoming Junior Summer Competition. We can advise that:
ANNOUNCEMENT #1: ALL TEAMS CURRENTLY REGISTERED AND ALL TEAMS ON THE WAITLIST WILL BE ABLE TO ENTER & PLAY THIS SEASON!
ANNOUNCEMENT #2: ALL U7 & U9 GAMES WILL BE MOVED TO THURSDAY AFTERNOONS
There are a number of reasons for the move to having the competition run over two days:
- The current format of all age groups playing on Friday evenings has now become unfeasible. We have outgrown the fields available for the evening with the number of teams that want to play in our competition.
- If we continued to just play on Friday evenings, up to 100 teams will miss out on playing touch football this season.
- That equates to approximately 1,000 kids not being able to play touch football this season.
- As a community sport, we feel that not allowing 1,000 kids to play is just not fair, and changes needed to be made to allow everyone to play and give us scope to grow the competition into the future.
Further general information regarding the upcoming Junior Summer Competition:
- All under 7 games will be played at Nolan Reserve North Manly on Thursdays at 4:10pm
- All under 9 games will be played at Nolan Reserve North Manly on Thursdays at 4:45pm and 5:20pm
- All under 7 and 9 games will have 2 x 15-minute halves with a 2 minute half time break
- Games on Friday evenings will start from 4:10pm at both Nolan Reserve and Passmore Reserve
- There will be 8 times slots on Friday evening at Nolan Reserve. Last time slot will be 8:40pm
- There will be 5 time slots on Friday evening at Passmore Reserve. Last time slot will be 6:40pm
- All under 11 B and C divisions will have 2 x 15-minute halves with a 2-minute half time break
- All under 11 A division, under 13, under 15 and under 17 games will have 2 x 17-minute halves with a 2-minute half time break
All waitlist teams will be contacted by Manly Touch over the next few days to organise entering your team into our MySideline online registration system and payment of fees. From there, a draft draw will be formulated and posted to our website.
If you have any issues, please contact our administration manager Lara Long on email@example.com. As you can imagine we have been swamped with inquiries. Please be patient with a response from the club as it is an extremely busy time at the club.
Again we thank everyone for their support. We can’t wait to see all the kids playing touch footy soon.